IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING WITH CROWDSTREET
In compliance with applicable rules, regulations and requirements, CrowdStreet is providing you with the following information and disclosures.
2. Our Services
Through the Website, including the CrowdStreet Marketplace, and our family of subsidiaries, CrowdStreet provides an array of services and content, including educational materials, financial tools, investment information, investment advice, investment opportunities, and securities brokerage services and facilitates investment transactions, performance monitoring, and other functions and services. CrowdStreet does not provide any tax, legal, financial, or accounting advice.
- Brokerage Services. Brokerage services are provided in connection with the placement of certain securities by CrowdStreet Capital, LLC (“CrowdStreet Capital”), a broker dealer registered with FINRA and a member of SIPC . Information on all FINRA registered representatives can be found on FINRA’s BrokerCheck. Users may receive brokerage services only after signing an Account Agreement.
- Advisory Services. Investment advisory services are offered through CrowdStreet Advisors, LLC (“CrowdStreet Advisors”), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CrowdStreet and a federally registered investment adviser. CrowdStreet Advisors provides investment advisory services exclusively to privately managed accounts and private fund clients, and does not otherwise provide investment advisory services. It is important that you understand the differences between the types of products offered by CrowdStreet Advisors and associated fees and costs with these products. Form CRS is designed to provide you an easy to read overview of our services, conflicts associated with providing these services, and the cost to you. This Form CRS also provides you with conversation starters or considerations you might want to discuss with your financial professional. The SEC provides free educational materials about investment advisors, brokerage services and investing as well as offers simple tools to help you research firms and financial professionals at www.investor.gov/CRS. For CrowdStreet Advisor’s Form CRS, click here. For a copy of CrowdStreet Advisors’ ADV, click ADV.
In connection with any investment you may consider and purchase, it is important to read, review and understand all related information, including but not limited to our Investment Risks Disclosure, all the features, risks, benefits, terms and conditions, as well as the other factors associated with the product or service, before making any financial decisions. In particular, it is your responsibility to read thoroughly the specific product materials you receive from the sponsor, including prospectuses and offering materials. All investments involve some degree of risk, and the outcome of any investment is uncertain. Investment opportunities available through CrowdStreet are speculative and involve substantial risk. Investors should not invest unless they can sustain the risk of loss of capital, including the risk of total loss of capital. Direct and indirect purchase of real property and commercial real estate involves significant risk, including, market risks, risks related to the sale of land, risks specific to a given property, principal risk and liquidity risk. All investors must make their own determination of whether or not to make an investment, based on their own independent evaluation of the investment and their risk tolerance. Investments should be chosen based on your objectives, timeframe, and risk tolerance. Investors should consult with a financial advisor, attorney, accountant, and any other professional that can help in understanding and assessing the risks associated with any investment opportunity and deciding if an investment is appropriate. Private placements are illiquid investments and are intended for investors who do not need a liquid investment.4. Privacy
5. CrowdStreet Capital Disclosures The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (“FINRA”) requires that we provide you with the following information concerning its BrokerCheck program. You can obtain an investor brochure that includes information describing FINRA BrokerCheck directly from FINRA by calling the FINRA BrokerCheck hotline number at (800) 289-9999. The FINRA website address is www.finra.org.
- Complaints. Any client wishing to file a complaint against CrowdStreet Capital, please kindly report through one of the means indicated here: By mail: CrowdStreet HQ, 98 San Jacinto Blvd Suite 400, Austin, TX 78701, by email: email@example.com, by telephone: (888) 432-7693. CrowdStreet will respond to you as promptly as possible.
- SIPC. SIPC protects customers of brokerage firms that are closed due to bankruptcy or other financial difficulty. Each customer may be protected up to $500,000, including up to $250,000 in cash held in the account. SIPC will cover any missing customer securities when the brokerage fails, whether the securities are missing due to conversion, theft, unauthorized trading or other reasons. SIPC does not protect against ordinary market loss. Not every investment is protected by SIPC and some customers may be ineligible to have their claims satisfied with SIPC funds. More information can be found at www.sipc.org or by calling 1-202-371-8300, including the SIPC brochure, by contacting SIPC.
- Business Continuity Plan. CrowdStreet Capital has developed a Business Continuity Plan that describes how we will respond to events that significantly disrupt our business. Please review our Business Continuity Summary Disclosure Statement for more information.
- Disclosure of Financial Condition. CrowdStreet Capital will make available to inspection by any bona fide regular customer, upon request, the information relative to its financial condition as disclosed in its most recent balance sheet prepared either in accordance with our usual practice or as required by any state or federal securities laws thereunder. In lieu of making CrowdStreet Capital’s balance sheet available for inspection, we may deliver the balance sheet to the requesting bona fide regular customer in paper or electronic form, provided that, with respect to electronic delivery, the customer consents to receive the balance sheet in electronic form.
- Client Relationship Summary. It is important for you to understand the differences between the types of products offered by CrowdStreet Capital and the fees and costs associated with those products. Our Form CRS summarizes this information for you. Free and simple tools are available to research firms and financial professionals at Investor.gov/CRS, which also provides educational materials about broker-dealers, investment advisers, and investing.