Once you make an investment on the CrowdStreet platform, sponsors will use your Investor Room(s) to communicate with you on a regular basis, including posting quarterly reports, key tax documents, and more.
As part of our commitment to investors, our contract with sponsors requires they maintain open communication channels with investors throughout the lifecycle of your investment. If sponsors fail to adhere to the following commitments, they won’t be eligible to bring a new investment opportunity to the platform.
We ask sponsors to:
- Upload quarterly investment updates within 60 days of the end of a quarter, ideally within 45 days.
- Produce and upload tax documents in a timely manner.
- Post distribution amounts and send distribution payments based on the project’s performance (at the sponsor’s discretion).
As an investor, you can help facilitate the accurate and timely flow of information and payments between yourself and a sponsor.
We ask that you:
- Give the sponsor up to 60 days to report each quarter before asking for additional information.
- Thoroughly review any information/documentation provided by the sponsor.
- Maintain accurate account information and distribution payment instructions.
CrowdStreet actively tracks which sponsors meet these requirements and follows up with them regularly. We also encourage sponsors to proactively over-communicate when there are any major events impacting a project’s performance and to reply to your questions within 24-48 business hours whenever possible.