– Marketplace and software business growing rapidly as company helps move
industry online, expands individual investor base, and closes 200th online offering
– New branding unveiled today
PORTLAND, OR (April 17, 2018) — With a steady focus and at an accelerated pace, CrowdStreet is moving the fundraising component of the $15-trillion commercial and multifamily real estate business online, helping real estate developers and operators raise capital and acquire new investors online, and helping high-net-worth investors build wealth through online real estate investing.
With more than 99,000 investors now on its platform, CrowdStreet (www.CrowdStreet.com) is one of the largest platforms for online real estate investing. CrowdStreet operates a marketplace for direct equity investment in institutional-quality commercial real estate (CRE), and provides project In commercial real estate, the sponsor is an individual or company in charge of finding, acquiring and managing the real estate property on behalf of the partnership. The sponsor is usually expected to invest anywhere from 5-20% of the total required equity capital. They are then responsible for raising the remaining funds and acquiring and managing the investment property’s day-to-day... More with investment management software to automate and enhance investor relations and manage portfolios, including offerings, online.
Key Metrics as of March 31, 2018
- 99,000+ investors on CrowdStreet platform (up 135% over 12 months ended March 31)
- $5.8B managed on CrowdStreet platform (up 88% last 12 months)
- 1,850+ sponsor investments managed on CrowdStreet platform (up 135% last 12
- 195+ sponsors on CrowdStreet platform (up 96% last 12 months)
Other recent milestones:
- 250MM+ capital raised in CrowdStreet marketplace (since inception)
- 200th offering in CrowdStreet marketplace
- New sponsors including Hines (investment software) and KBS (investment software and marketplace offering) became customers of CrowdStreet
- First high-rise office building offering in a CBD
- Largest single capital raise for one offering ($12MM)
“2017 was a transformative year for CrowdStreet,” said Tore Steen, CrowdStreet CEO. “In the past year we’ve seen a major velocity in our business. We are gaining momentum and bringing larger offerings from more super-regional and national players to market. Sponsors increasingly recognize that moving their fundraising online streamlines operations and brings them more investors, and high-net-worth investors increasingly recognize that they can build wealth by investing in real estate online through CrowdStreet.”
“With premium products for sponsors and investors, CrowdStreet is well on its way to becoming the industry standard fundraising and investment management platform for sponsors, and the go-to marketplace for institutional quality investment opportunities for high-net-worth investors intent on building wealth by investing in real estate.”
New Branding Unveiled Today
Today CrowdStreet unveiled a new logo, website design and tagline that better reflect the company’s values and differentiation. The new marketing tagline is “Build Wealth,” which speaks to why investors and sponsors alike invest in real estate and use the CrowdStreet platform and services.
Also today, the company branded its offerings for sponsors, including investment software and marketplace solutions, under a new sub-brand, CrowdStreet Connect, which provides sponsors with the ability to strengthen relationships with existing investors as well as connect with new investors through CrowdStreet.
Product Enhancements for Sponsors and Investors
CrowdStreet is committed to continuing to improve the customer experience through ongoing product enhancements. In the past five months, CrowdStreet has implemented several product updates to support the brand launch to ensure sponsors and marketplace investors have a premium experience:
- Sponsors have new tools to manage the flow of capital through the lifecycle of a real
- Sponsors can manage access of sensitive information for high-net-worth investors
throughout their organization in a secure environment.
- Marketplace investors can visualize their CRE portfolios dynamically with easy-to-follow
graphs and charts.
- Marketplace investors can download and share portfolio information with their tax and
- Marketplace investors can identify investment opportunities in the marketplace using
newly advanced filtering to more easily find the investment opportunities that meet their
Additional product enhancements are planned for 2018 to continue to support CrowdStreet’s premium brand and position in the market.
CrowdStreet is the premium provider of online commercial real estate investment marketplace, technology, and professional services. Investors can directly access institutional-quality commercial real estate offerings with CrowdStreet’s online investing platform. For CRE developers and operators, CrowdStreet Connect provides a platform to manage investors and investments, and to raise capital to grow their business. CrowdStreet maximizes opportunities for investors by diversifying outside of the traditional avenues of the stock market, better distributing risk and fundamentally transforming real estate investing through technology. Together, we are creating a community where individual investors and CRE firms are working together to maximize wealth through commercial real estate. The CrowdStreet senior leadership team has 120+ years of combined experience in real estate, technology, online marketing, and private equity. For more information, please visit www.CrowdStreet.com.